Monday, April 12, 2010

First Post

Welcome to my blog. This blog is going to be dedicated towards my adventurous life that I've been leading for the past 2 years.

In April 2008, my husband decided that he didn't want to be married to me anymore. Rather than wasting all my time crying over him, I decided that I would try and enjoy my life to the best that I could. Does it hurt? Yes, it still does to this day but I try not to let it bother me. We had some great times and moments and everything that happens in life, happens for a reason.

So from 2008 until now, I've gone on some adventures that I'd like you to play catch up on:

*I decided in May 2008 that I needed to get away from everyone! I was so sick and tired of hearing "I'm sorry" and "I know how you feel" (even though I'm sure most people didn't). So I wanted to get away. Instead of taking a vacation with friends, I booked myself a flight into Phoenix, AZ and return flight from Las Vegas in Aug/Sept 2008. It was a fantastic trip! I finally got to meet a longtime online friend of mine, Vanessa. We met online when we were in middle school and had aol websites. I got to see Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff, 4 Corners, Monument Valley (Utah), Grand Canyon, Jerome, and Las Vegas (Nevada). It was the best trip of my life!

*December 26th, 2008 - January 1st, 2009 - Drove down to Washington DC with a college buddy of mine, Patrick. I stayed at his place in Virginia and got to see most of the main sites in Washington. It was so much fun and a great way to ring in 2009.

*May 2009 - Spent Memorial weekend at Acadia National Park in Maine. Other than a flaming marshmallow incident, it was an awesome trip! There were so many places to hike and it was just gorgeous! I am more than likely going there this year!! And if so, I'm definitely going to see the sunset at a certain mountain (the sunset there is the eastern most point of the US so it's the first sunset the US sees)!!!

*July 2009 - VEGAS bound for Jason & Vanessa's wedding. I got to attend my friend, Vanessa's wedding. I felt so special to be invited to such a joyous occasion.

*August 29 - September 7, 2009 - South Dakota/Wyoming/Montana. My 2nd big solo trip was to South Dakota. I saw all the sites of Rapid City (Reptile Gardens, Bear Country USA, Chapel of the Hills, Black Hills Caverns), Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, Wind Cave National Park, Jewel Cave National Monument, Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, Wall Drug, Deadwood, Sturgis, Devils Tower (Wyoming), and I even crossed the border into Montana just because I could! lol. I got to meet up with my cousin, Danielle, in Devil's Tower whom I hadn't seen in 5 years! I also made some great friends who are from Colorado while spelunking in Wind Cave!!! It was a great trip!

*December 25, 2009 - January 1, 2010 - PUERTO RICO!!! My latest trip was to Puerto Rico. It wasn't as nice as Mexico or Brazil but it was awesome in its own way. I did an all day tour of Toro Negro rainforest where we hiked upstream and rope climbed up a waterfall. Then we hiked up a mountain and ziplined down! It was awesome. I also did a tour of El Yunque and did the bioluminescent bay. I even rented the smart car (worst car ever) and drove around the island! Craziness!

So the past two years have been full of adventures. It's been fun and exciting. This year I have a few planned: Memorial weekend I may be going back up to Acadia (but I'm hoping to find some other people to go to Western MA to hike part of the Appalachian Trail), Aug/Sept I'm hoping to go to Idaho/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, and then Dec/Jan I am planning on going to Cape Coral/Keys/Everglades in FL. Not to mention, 2 months from now, I'll be jumping out of a plane!!! I'm afraid of heights but skydiving seemed like a perfect way to get rid of my fear completely! LOL.

Soo...I'm going to post some pictures of the past 2 years. Enjoy.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment