Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The 6 Hour Hike!!!!

This past weekend I went on a hike with my new friend, Justin.  Prior to this hike, I had only hiked maybe two hours or so up in Acadia National Park.  Last year was the first time I ever really hiked.  We met at Blue Hills by the Trailside Museum in Milton, MA.  It's a good hour drive from my house to the museum. 

We set off into the trails at about 10:15 in the morning. It was a great day! We did the main trail but took a few side trails. We saw the weather observatory (nothing much except for a cool stone outside that had some neat information and a little store inside).  We went up and down maybe 4 mountains.  At about 1:30pm we decided to turn back.  Well, let me rephrase that: I decided that we turn back.  Justin is crazy. He probably could've ran the entire time! Not me. At about 1:30 my big left toe was starting to hurt (soccer injury of course) and my back was starting to hurt as well.  We had walked a LOT too!!! So we turned back.  Finally making it back to the State Police part.  We took a break because I was dying.  Then we had to start moving again.  We took a cut through the trail after we got  to the top of the mountain because he said it would cut through the blue trail and avoid anymore mountains that go up.  Well, we are walking and walking and I'm thinking we are almost back to the cars at this point when we end up back at the State Police section! I was like OH NO!!! :( We had to take another break.  At this point, my back was killing me along with my groin!  So this time we set off on the blue trail AGAIN! This time we eventually made it back to the cars at about 4:15-4:30!!! I was dead! I couldn't move anymore!

We then went to Dedham (next town over) for some lunch/dinner!! I was starved! I hadn't eaten anything all day! We ate at Joe's American Bar & Grille. YUM!!! I had the baked potato soup and a chicken caesar salad while Justin went for a burger!!! It was a great end to our day! (Well, I did go to the New England Revolutions game opener. They won 4-1. Then I went out around my house to Mezcal and then had American Idol drunken karaoke at my place!!! Sooo much fun)

Pictures below: Me at the State Police Blue Hills Reservation entrance, and the other 3 pictures are different views of the Boston skyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment