Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Parties, Mud and GO Bs!!!


June 2011:

Spain vs. USA soccer game – I really wish I remembered more of this! Or do I? We met early at Rick’s house and had some beers and lunch before heading to Gillette for the game.  We rented 2 vans to take us there and back.  Luckily we had a preggers and someone who didn’t drink to take us to the game.  The ride there is a little fuzzy except for when we pulled over to go pee in the woods as a team! I don’t really remember the tailgating other than there was a soccer ball and more drinks and grilling.  I don’t remember the game whatsoever but heard my team, Spain, had won! We post-tailgated for a bit as the place cleared out and took the van back to Rick’s, both of which I still don’t remember.  Back at Rick’s it got crazier, however, I was trying to sober up so that I could drive home. I eventually left there somewhat early only to find out that a fight broke loose and someone had broken Rick’s window! Clearly I missed a shit show!!!
 Warrior Dash – My first mud obstacle race took place in June! I ran the warrior dash! It was a lot of fun but somewhat disappointing.  It was missing a lot of the obstacles it said they were going to have.  And the ones they did have were half assed.  If you hadn’t read the information, you probably wouldn’t have noticed anything missing and if you have never ran one of these before, you probably wouldn’t have realized how half ass anything was.  All in all, it was a fun time! I didn’t get poison ivy as a ton of people did and I didn’t break anything which is always a good thing!   The parking was poorly organized. I missed my heat because I was in 2 hours of traffic.
 










Alex’s birthday – One of my French friend’s birthdays was in June.  It was your typical adult birthday party; drinking, food, and more drinking.  I thought it would be great to get the most embarrassing picture of him I could find and have kiwi’s put around it (funny nickname) and have written on it “Happy Birthday Kiwi” and then “Joyeux anniversaire champion” (Champion, another nickname)…it was epic!

Lowell Spinners - attended my first Lowell Spinners game with Sabrina, Crystal L, and Crystal H! For those of you who don't know this team, they are the minor league baseball team!


We were surprised with a visit from Sandra, a German girl who played soccer with us last year while she was temporarily working in the United States.  It was a nice surprise to see her! On a side note, I’ll be seeing her this year when I go to London! Soooo excited!

BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP – Probably the best part of June was the fact that the Bruins won the Stanley Cup! I watched every game and went to the parade they had in Boston! Good times with good friends.  When they won, we were all pretty drunk and went to the sketchy bar up the street from my house.  It was really cheap (as is any sketchy bar) but sketchy.  I mean, who lets dogs into their bar? 



No comments:

Post a Comment