Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Update on my life.....


I know I promised two months ago an update but if you lived my life, you’d understand.  I simply don’t have the time.  And on the rare occasion I do, I’m busy! So here’s the recap you’ve been waiting for.  Be prepared for several updates….

We kick this off going back to May 2011.  May had a lot of ups and downs (mostly ups but you can’t forget the gloominess that occurred).  A couple friends and I took part in the Great Urban Race. It’s a scavenger hunt race that takes you all over Boston.  How the top finishers completed all the clues and tasks in the amount of time it took them is beyond me! Of course, it doesn’t help that every time we saw a bar we stopped in either!  It was a rainy day but that didn’t stop us; we were walking around in the puddles and having a grand old time.  That is, until one of our French friends called to say his father was dying.  Ya, that “down” part of the month, pretty depressing!  Needless to say, he didn’t want to be alone and we really wanted to be with him during this difficult time. A few days later, his father passed away.  Absolutely broke my heart.  I tried getting his mind off of things by inviting him to the Celtics playoff game. He loves the Celtics and what better way to try and lighten your mood by cheering them on as they try to advance through the playoffs? He had a good time considering but you could clearly tell that he was not feeling the game.  At least it was a good distraction for the time being.  
 












During May I also went to the Bedford, MA airport to take a flying lesson! It was awesome! You need 35 hours before you can get your pilot license so now I only need 34.5 to go! Haha! J They first go over the checklist that you have before every flight to ensure you are safe to fly.  It was a couple to several pages long. After that, we hopped inside the plane and he went over what we were going to do while he also talked me through it.  To get to the runway, you have to steer the plane over using your feet.  Unlike driving your car and using a steering wheel to direct where you are going, you use your feet. Luckily for me I have great muscular legs so steering the plane was a breeze.  My instructor was impressed with my skills because he said most people can’t stay in a straight line at all! I was pretty proud of myself.  So then I took off with no help from him! It was a great feeling! We drove over Gillette Stadium and then headed back.  He did the landing himself.  Apparently that takes more skills but I told him that I probably could’ve done that also! All in all, it was great!  After flying, I went to the Filios’ house to party! Our spring, summer, and fall’s consist of parties at their house or another soccer friend’s house.  It’s always a shit show.  That night consisted of screaming off the top of our lungs in a dive bar down the street from them.  And I probably shouldn’t blame anyone else for this except Mike and I as it was the two of us who almost got kicked out for doing it.

May also kicked off my summer with my international friends.  I basically spent the whole summer with several Frenchies, a Bulgarian, a German girl, and a girl from Holland.  It was the best summer I’ve ever had.  I pretty much drove up to Boston weekly if not several times a week.  This started off in May with a night out to the Phoenix Landing.  I don’t need to get into details about this night but I can tell you, it was ridiculous.

Memorial weekend is also a big weekend for me every year! I love camping and always try to go during this weekend.  This year I invited a ton of my friends to go to New York.  We were close to a beer trail so we ended up at 2 breweries, a winery and a cider mill. I was pretty drunk this entire trip! In fact, I think we all were. We played tag in the dark, apples to apples, drank (and some even had hash) with the owners of the campground, got yelled at several times each night, and at one point everyone got naked except for me.  Yes, I said naked. And yes, I said everyone except me.  I’m down for most things but I just wasn’t feeling it that night.  After the weekend was over, I couldn’t wait until Memorial weekend 2012.  



No comments:

Post a Comment