Friday, May 20, 2011

"Is this salt water?" "It's the OCEAN" - DUH!

My annual vacation that I take from Christmas to New Years this year was to Florida. I hate going back to the same places so I wasn't thrilled to be returning to Florida.  However, my parents had just bought a house in Florida in March 2010 so I figured it would be a cheap trip and I would be able to check out their house and visit the Keys and some national parks! So that is what I did! I spent Christmas with my aunt, uncle and cousins, visited my parents house, went to Key West, snorkled at Biscayne National Park, checked out the Everglades, got a tan in Ft. Myers beach, and gambled my money away in Tampa!!!
 

Highlights of Key West include:
*hanging with my cousin, Kim, during the whole adventure!!!
*drinking with Kim because last time we got to hang out, she was underage.
*meeting up with my friend, Steph, of whom I met at Yellowstone National Park.
*bringing home some fourloko (which has been banned in MA)
*made friends with a guy from Ohio!
*Kinko sandals! ENOUGH SAID!
*Eating an enormous cookie while I was drunk while we were driving to our next area destination!
*drank at the smallest bar in the Keys. It WAS pretty small. Actually, I drank at almost all the bars! haha. I started at like 11am.
 
Highlights of Biscayne National Park/Everglades:
*snorkled at Biscayne (one item on my bucket list)
*had a really hot looking tour guide at Biscayne! YUM YUM
*stupidly asked if we were in salt water before it even dawned on me that we were in the middle of the ocean and the ocean is salt water! What a dumb blonde moment that was!
*jumped around in a eurobobble (on my bucket list)
*took an airboat ride (on my bucket list)
*sat on an alligator (on my bucekt list)
*hiked a bit.
*ate escargot (GROSS)
*ate alligator (good but doesn't taste like chicken)
*went to Robert is Here....SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! If you are in the area, you MUST stop there!!
*went to the coral castle! Very neat!






 Ft Myers/Cape Coral
*hung out with my cousin, John.
*went to Ft. Myers beach
*enjoyed some beach time
*did a dolphin cruise tour
*saw fireworks at Ft Myers beach
*enjoyed some beverages!
*became obsessed with Fireworks by Katy Perry!!!!!
*drank way too much orange juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment